#question Upload scenarios to the scenario explorer via pyam #question

mayrhofer@...

Dear pyam group,

is there any possibility to upload scenarios to the scenario explorer directly via pyam or do I have to upload it manually via the website? I heard that there is supposed to be some function or method within the package but I could only find ways to import data from the scenario explorer that is already on there via pyam.read_iiasa but not the other way around.

Thank you very much for your help!

All the best,
Lukas Mayrhofer

Daniel Huppmann

Thanks for this question, Lukas!

Indeed, pyam currently only supports querying data from any IIASA Scenario Explorer database (also project-internal instances) - tutorial at [1].

We are also working on an improved database backend (i.e., the ixmp package) which will probably provide an option to upload data directly from your workflow to an IIASA database. But this will at the earliest be ready by summer next year.

So for the time being, please upload your (ideally pyam-generated) data file via the project-specific instance of an IIASA Scenario Explorer.

Best,
Daniel

Am 15.12.2021 um 16:18 schrieb mayrhofer@...:

Dear pyam group,

is there any possibility to upload scenarios to the scenario explorer directly via pyam or do I have to upload it manually via the website? I heard that there is supposed to be some function or method within the package but I could only find ways to import data from the scenario explorer that is already on there via pyam.read_iiasa but not the other way around.

Thank you very much for your help!

All the best,
Lukas Mayrhofer

mayrhofer@...

Hi Daniel,

thank you very much for the quick answer and the clarification.

Best,
Lukas