#release pyam v0.4.1 - compatibility with pandas v1.0 & frictionless datapackage support #release

Daniel Huppmann

Dear pyam user community,

Happy to announce a patch-release of the pyam package! A few days ago, the pandas package released v1.0, so we needed to make some minor adaptations in the pyam internals to ensure compatibility. Get the latest version of pyam and you won’t notice a thing...

# openmod & frictionless datapackage

At the openmod workshop in Berlin last month, we organised a „do-a-thon“ on data standards and formats across the integrated-assessment and energy-system modelling communities - jointly chaired by the Horizon 2020 projects openENTRANCESENTINEL and SPINE as well as the Reiner Lemoine Institut (developers of the OpenEnergyPlatform). The slides presenting pyam (and the underlying data model) and ongoing & planned feature development are available here.

And as a direct result from the discussions at the do-a-thon, we added support for the „Frictionless“ datapackage format (input/ouput). Read the docs for more information!

# Acknowledgements

Thanks to Robert Gieseke and Chris Mutel for reviewing (and improving) the datapackage pull request!

Best regards,
Daniel

--

Dr. Daniel Huppmann
Research Scholar, Energy Program (ENE)

International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
huppmann@...
+43(0) 2236 807-572
www.iiasa.ac.at/staff/huppmann

Join forum@pyam.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.