Re: Pyam tutorial file #tutorials

Daniel Huppmann

Hi Julia, thanks for posting the first question to our mailing list!

The tutorial notebooks shown on the documentation pages are built directly from the tutorials folder on GitHub, which is part of the documentation in the folder structure -> https://github.com/IAMconsortium/pyam/tree/master/doc/source/tutorials

You will find the source file for the „first steps“ tutorial in that folder together with the source code of the Jupyter notebooks. When running a notebook, Jupyter will look for files relative to the location of the notebook. So just save the csv file in the same folder as the notebook and it should work fine.

Also, great suggestion to include this explanation in the tutorial itself. I created an issue on Github (https://github.com/IAMconsortium/pyam/issues/290) so that we don’t forget to implement this.

@all novice pyam users: this is actually a simple improvement of the tutorial, so this would be a good "first issue“ to learn about GitHub and pull requests, and to start contributing to this package! Feel free to reach out bilaterally by email or via our Slack workspace if you want to try this but don’t feel sure about how to do it.

Best regards,
Daniel

Am 12.11.2019 um 14:33 schrieb Julia K. Steinberger <j.k.steinberger@leeds.ac.uk>:

Dear All,

Daniel asked me to send this to the group email so the answer could be public.

Cheers,
Julia

Dear Daniel & Pyam community,

can someone please send me the tutorial file

tutorial_AR5_data.csv

which is mentioned here: https://pyam-iamc.readthedocs.io/en/stable/tutorials/pyam_first_steps.html

or tell me where to find it?

Context and udate question:
0. I had tried to install the latest version of pyam by doing this:

conda install -c conda-forge pyam

which seemed to work, but the relevant tutorial etc files didn't appear.

1. can you update the web the tutorial be updated to contain this information?

2. where should this file be saved so that the following command in the tutorial actually works?

df = pyam.IamDataFrame(data='tutorial_AR5_data.csv', encoding='utf-8')

Thanks so much,
Julia

Join forum@pyam.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.