Re: timeseries data: calculate differences between two scenarios #question

m.haller

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the quick reply! That did work. And also thanks for the link to the tutorial notebook. Is there a link to the tutorial notebook in the docs? I did not find one, and I find the notebook very helpful.

I would like to help improve the documentation, but at the moment I have too much work on my desk before the summer holidays. Maybe in September?

Thanks for the great package, it has been really helpful so far!

Best,

Markus

From: forum@pyam.groups.io <forum@pyam.groups.io> On Behalf Of Daniel Huppmann
Sent: Tuesday, August 3, 2021 2:59 PM
To: forum@pyam.groups.io
Subject: Re: [pyam] timeseries data: calculate differences between two scenarios #question

Hi Markus,

Apologies, I guess that the tutorial was a bit too demanding for new users. See a more extensive tutorial at https://github.com/danielhuppmann/strommarkttreffen-pyam/blob/main/tutorial-notebook.ipynb

The short answer is that you only have to add `axis="scenario"` to the subtract-function and `a` and `b` are the names of the scenarios. Pyam will automatically calculate the difference for all variables that it finds.

It would be great if you could extend the tutorial notebook so that the next generation of users can find the answer more easily. Happy to assist if you want to take the lead?

Best,

Daniel

Am 03.08.2021 um 14:33 schrieb m.haller <m.haller@...>:

Hi everybody,

how do I calculate differences between two scenarios , e.g.
``Difference = CO2 emissions of scenario A - CO2 emissions of scenario B``
?

I guess it should work with the ``subtract`` function, but the tutorials only show how to apply it to different variables of the same scenario, not vice versa.

Best regards,

Markus

Join forum@pyam.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.