sticky #release pyam v1.0.0 (and v0.13.0) - and a manuscript in Open Research Europe #release

Daniel Huppmann

Dear pyam user community, happy to announce a new release v1.0 of the pyam package!

To celebrate that pyam is coming of age, we published a manuscript in Open Research Europe, a new open-access journal (well, maybe preprint server is a better description…) highlighting how pyam relates to other tools used in the IAM, macro-energy and energy systems community, the design principles of the package, as well as several recent use cases… https://open-research-europe.ec.europa.eu/articles/1-74

See Figure 1 below of how we see pyam - a useful bridge between highly customized modelling frameworks and general-purpose data analysis and plotting packages.

Deprecation warning

Warning: Release v1.0 removed all functions that were marked as deprecated.

If you are worried about breaking your scripts, only update to v0.13 - which was also released yesterday and has all the new features added over the past weeks, and still supports all deprecated features (with the usual warnings). I apologize for any inconvenience!

Take a look at the complete release notes on GitHub for a list of all methods and features that were removed - and the new, improved ways for working with pyam!

Best regards,
Daniel

--

Dr. Daniel Huppmann
Research Scholar, Energy Program (ENE)

International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
huppmann@...
+43(0) 2236 807-572
www.iiasa.ac.at/staff/huppmann
_._,_._,_